Sunday 8 December 2013

follow me

Despite being a techno-weenie of high standing, I've avoided certain applications of tech purely on principle. For the first time I let a GPS do all the decision making for a trip to a location I had never been before. It is easy to see how this technology could make people into lazy thinkers and poor planners. It is no substitute for knowing how to read a map, however it was very useful at night when I would normally find myself slowing down and squinting at poorly lit, low contrast street signs & house numbers. It really needs a new mounting method, so a small project will be to make up an adjustable bracket for the truck. Not sure if it is best situated on the A-pillar or above the rear-view mirror. Either way, something better than the suction-cup and plastic arm should be developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment